Silverleaf seeks an Executive Director to lead the organization in its effort to support individuals and children in recovering from trauma. This position requires a passionate professional committed to serving survivors of trauma and abuse. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated success in developing and sustaining high-quality and inclusive programs, leading an inspired and resourceful staff, implementing sound business and fiscal operations, and adhering to high ethical standards.
Silverleaf Sexual Trauma Recovery Services is a Kentucky non-profit organization dedicated to reducing the trauma experienced by victims of sexual abuse and sexual assault, with a mission to promote the health and well-being of our communities by overcoming the impact and prevalence of sexual trauma through service, education, and leadership. Silverleaf functions uniquely as a Children’s’ Advocacy Center and a Rape Crisis Center and serves all eight counties of the Lincoln Trail Area Development District (Hardin, Grayson, Larue, Breckinridge, Meade, Nelson, Washington, Marion), with its main office in Elizabethtown, KY.
All services are provided in a friendly, safe and nurturing environment and are provided free of cost to the victim or the victim’s family. Silverleaf also offers education and support to the community in efforts to promote a more proactive approach to ending all types of sexual violence. The organization is governed by a volunteer board of directors.
Operations and Financial Management
- Provide inspiring leadership and direction for the organization’s staff that promotes sound management, on-going professional development, concise direction, open communications, and a positive work environment where all staff members learn and thrive.
- Direct the financial operations of the agency; Lead in budgeting process and monitoring throughout the year, ensuring the organization’s financial operations lead to a healthy financial position that fuels the organization’s mission.
- Prepare grant and funding proposals; Administer funding and comply with all funding program monitoring requirements
- Oversee and ensure follow-through of reimbursements for grant billings
- Develop new and continued funding sources through research of funding opportunities
- Prepare and/or review balance sheets and profit/loss reports
- Oversees all human resource functions for organization, including direct and indirect employee supervision, interviewing candidates, and recommending employee personnel actions (i.e. hiring, firing, promotions)
- Provide direct supervision of direct report positions ( see organizational chart ), including completing performance evaluations and approving time sheets and staff leave;
- Adhere to all Silverleaf policies and procedures and train and orient new employees in organizational and departmental policies and procedures
- Ensure that program is in compliance with all applicable federal and state licensure regulations and standards
- Approve all vendor contracts and agreements under 5k
- Ensure Board review for approval for all contracts 5k and above
Board of Director Engagement
- Maintain an effective and open working relationship with the Board of Directors, regularly apprising the Board about internal operations and important external developments, and supporting the Board in its governance and policy making roles
- Support the Board of Directors in its efforts to strengthen its role in the governance of the organization with particular emphasis on strategic recruiting from all counties in service region, expanding the size of the Board, and redesigning committee structure and operations
- Serve as staff to all committees of the Board of Directors
- Recommend policies and policy revisions to the Board of Directors
- Ensure board approval and prompt vendor payments above 5k
- In collaboration with the Board Treasurer, lead in completion of the annual financial audit
Resource Development & Community Outreach
- Communicate the organization’s mission and vision to a wide variety of audiences in a way that engages others in the organization’s work
- Oversee all communications activities, asset development, messaging and platform management (i.e. website, social media)
- Expand resource development in a way that leads to effective/efficient fundraising, enhanced corporate partnerships, new funding avenues, and expanded visibility throughout the organization’s service area
- Lead in fundraising and grant-writing activities, including the cultivation of new funding prospects, writing grant proposals, designing and executing fundraising campaigns, and stewarding donors and key stakeholders (i.e. United Way)
- Participate in report writing process and provide final edits and approvals on all funding and activity reports
- Work in partnership with like-minded organizations and develop enduring supportive relationships with key political, justice, business and philanthropic allies (i.e KASAP/KACAC)
- Serve as public spokesperson for the organization and ensure effective coordination of public relations activities, including with media and other professional groups across the region
- Oversee and evaluate community education programs and their quality, target audiences, and overall effectiveness
- Oversee the development and maintenance of multidisciplinary and sexual assault response team relationships, particularly with agency heads
Professional Development & Training
- Oversee the development, implementation, and training of volunteers and staff
- Provide consultations and education to professional and community groups and assist in developing and maintaining referral network within region
- In coordination with Director of Clinical Services, participate in statewide planning and development groups related to sexual victimization
- Provide training and consultation for volunteers and professional groups within the region as needed
- In coordination with Director of Clinical Services, participate and provide leadership in continuing quality improvement (CQI) activities of the organization
- Provide oversight for the delivery of direct service support, including advocacy, crisis counseling, and case coordination and referrals
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive senior management responsibility, preferably in nonprofit or public agency settings
- Master’s degree in social work, psychology, human service, mental health discipline, or other relevant field required; Ideally eligible for licensure and/or certification with Kentucky state professional board
- Experience and familiarity in working with adult sexual assault, child sexual abuse, and/or victim services and victimization strongly preferred
- Proficient in use of current technology and effective electronic communication methods
- Must have own transportation for travel throughout the region and State
- Must sign authorization release forms for a national criminal and other background check with a nationwide criminal record check clear of abuse and neglect findings, felony convictions, and of other misdemeanor convictions related to child abuse, family or intimate partner violence, crimes against minors or sexual offenses.
- Per 920 KAR 2:040, must be twenty-one (21) years of age
- Per 920 KAR 2:040, shall submit to a criminal record check in accordance with KRS 17.165 and a central registry check in accordance with 922 KAR 1:470 during the application process and every two (2) years thereafter while employed by the Center
Additionally, an individual in this position must also comply with the following during their employment:
- Attend mandatory in-service and other training/educational programs as required.
- Complete 40 hrs of training on rape and sexual abuse prior to contact with contact with clients.
Physical and Environmental Demands:
Exposure to direct victim trauma, including descriptions of violence and injuries, and stressful situations during medical and legal advocacy with victims (medical exams, court hearings) will likely occur.
Compensation will be competitive with similarly sized community based nonprofits and commensurate with experience. The search is open until the position is filled.
To apply, click the button below. Resume and Cover Letter are required.