Silverleaf offers an array of educational programs that are taught in schools and the community. To learn more about our educational programs and how to inquire for your organization, contact us today.
Body SafetyBody Safety programs should be age-appropriate, non-threatening and aim to teach children these basic points:
• Your body is YOUR body and no-one else has the right to touch it, especially your private areas (those covered by a bathing suit).
• If someone does touch you inappropriately, you must tell a trusted adult and keep telling until you are believed.
• Be able to identify the difference between safe and unsafe touch.
• Understand what the words ‘respect’ and ‘consent’ mean.
• Know what actions you can take if you feel worried or unsafe.
Face It Movement
This curriculum offers a holistic approach to teaching teens how to identify abusive dating behaviors and build healthy relationships. Topics such as values, equality, power, control, communication, and emotional expression are all covered. Our goals are…
• To help students identify the relationships they have with different people, how those relationships are different, and what those relationships mean to them.
• To help students understand what “consent” means.
• To help students think about dating, and making choices about dating.
• To have students explore relationships that make them feel good about themselves.
• To have students identify the ways they would like to be treated.
• To help students define healthy and unhealthy relationships.
• To equip students with skills to communicate more effectively.
The goal of Green Dot is the permanent reduction of power-based personal violence, including (but not limited to) sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, bullying and stalking. In order to do this, the Green Dot Violence Prevention Strategy is designed to accomplish the following objective:
1. Power-based personal violence will not be tolerated.
2. Everyone does their part to maintain a safe school.
Green Dot Training
Darkness to Light Stewards of Children®
Darkness to Light has a wide array of award-winning training for adults looking to help prevent child sexual abuse and protect children. Stewards of Children® is their flagship, evidence-informed prevention training helps adults prevent, recognize, and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The training is two hours and features survivor stories, experts in the field, and other concerned individuals all providing practical guidance to prevent child sexual abuse.
Darkness to Light
The internet has become a significant part of life. At the touch of a button, we can access a world of information, entertainment, and communication. With all of this opportunity come new dangers and responsibilities. Just as we must teach our children how to use bicycle helmets and seat belts, we must now teach them how to be safe online.
Human trafficking is a modern-day form of slavery involving the illegal trade of people for exploitation or commercial gain and it can take many forms, including sex trafficking.
We offer training to community groups and professional teams, including those in the hospitality industry, so they can identify possible signs of human trafficking. The program also teaches participants about the different types of human trafficking, frequency of occurrence, reporting measures, and provides other helpful resources.